Would it be corny to say I’m really excited about WordCamp coming to Victoria BC on May 15, 2010?
For the uninitiated, WordCamp is a conference that focuses on everything WordPress. Everyone from casual users to core developers participate, share ideas, and get to know each other. WordCamps are open to WordPress.com and WordPress.org users alike.
Buoyed by the success of our first WordCamp Victoria last fall, Paul Holmes is again at the helm, and has assembled a stellar panel of speakers, generous sponsors and willing volunteers. Registration this time is capped at 120 and seats are going fast.
Here are ten reasons to consider attending:
- At $40 for the day, it’s a real bargain.
- The different streams offered are meant to accomodate differing levels of interest and expertise.
- Not into formal presentations – there are lots of opportunities to chat with others and exchange information in an informal way.
- You’ll come away brimming with new ideas and things to try.
- It’s a great opportunity to meet fellow bloggers and developers within the Victoria area.
- You’ll increase your skills and knowledge.
- You’ll come away feeling part of the larger WordPress community.
- You’ll get some great SWAG – like those coveted WordPress pencils.
- Your support will help ensure more events like this in Victoria.
- Several top bloggers from Vancouver will be here including Raincoaster, Miss604 and Hummingbird604 — as well as many talented local speakers. Check out the full list here.
So… are you coming? I’d love to see you there.