Inspired by fellow Canadian Amanda Rose’s success with Global Twestival last February, and encouraged by local “connector extraordinaire” Janis La Couvee, we decided to see what we could do for Twestival Local.
Victoria’s Twitter community selected Power to Be Adventure Therapy Society as our charity to support, and we set our target at $5,000.
Could we do it? Afterall, we only had six weeks.
Here’s what happened:
Thanks to an awesome local Twestival team, generous sponsors, local businesses and entrepreneurs, entertainers, and many others willing to pitch in and lend a hand, we caught the attention of local media and staged a very successful event. And organizing online saved time and created efficiencies.
To those of you who came, drank, danced, tweeted, bought raffle tickets and bid on the silent auction items, thank you!! Don’t know what the final tally will be as donations are still coming in, but at this point, we’re awfully close to meeting our target!
A “twitterific” time was had by all:
Photo info added to this post – Sept 17, 2009:
- Jodie Gastel, Cris Vleck, and Melanie Norris
- Easy: Vikki Flawith, John Spooner, and Marvelous Trudeau
- Dean Polvi, Annie Sylvan, Ahon Chow, Oliver Mitchell, Elaine Richter, and Arif Mitchell
- Ellen Henry and Andrew Plank
- Margaret Hanson, Jim Nathan and mysterious man
- Our live tweet wall
- Pillows donated by Melanie Norris of @freshleafdesign
- Power to Be: Andy LaFort, Marly Essery, Jason Lasky, Marnie Essery, and Megan Millar
- Annie Sylvan and Elaine Richter